Insurance Claims Practices and Bad Faith
The Drakulich Firm, A Professional Law Corporation, has developed a vigorous and successful insurance claims practice in San Diego and Reno. We represent insureds in a wide range of claims and disputes, including cases involving allegations of bad faith. Our extensive experience on both sides of insurance-related litigation gives us insight that places our clients at an advantage.
The Drakulich Firm handles disputes arising in an array of different types of insurance, such as:
- Car or automobile insurance
- Commercial insurance
- Homeowner's insurance
- Construction defect insurance
- Life insurance
- Title insurance
- Disability insurance
We have developed significant expertise in cases where there is evidence or allegations of any of the following:
- Bad faith denial of coverage
- Breach of the duty to defend
- Failure to conduct a complete inspection or evaluation
- Failure to settle
- Insurer only rendering partial payment when insured party is entitled to full payment
The firm also handles complex coverage litigation matters and all aspects of insurance-related litigation.
Firm principal Nicholas J. Drakulich has been practicing law for over thirty years and has considerable experience successfully representing clients in insurance claims practices and bad faith matters. Mr. Drakulich devotes a portion of his practice to cases involving real estate and construction defects.
- For instance, he successfully handled a case where an insurance company denied coverage to a developer of a major housing project in Southern California. The developer had been sued for $25 million construction-related defects. The insurance company thereafter agreed to defend his client at its sole expense and to indemnify them from any damages. The multimillion dollar construction defect case was also ultimately resolved in a settlement orchestrated by Mr. Drakulich and favorable to his client.
- In another matter, Mr. Drakulich successfully represented a prominent eye surgeon in his multimillion-dollar dispute with his disability insurance company. The insurance company which had previously denied the claim (and secretly monitored and photographed his activities in preparation for mounting its defense) ultimately agreed to pay his benefits in full following Mr. Drakulich’s assistance.
Creative and strategic representation
The Drakulich Firm has developed a reputation for excellence in trial advocacy. Our mission is to apply our experience, passion and dedication to obtain winning solutions for our clients. We employ creative strategies and work tirelessly toward achieving our clients' goals.
Seek experienced legal counsel
To learn more about our services, contact The Drakulich Firm, A Professional Law Corporation, today.